Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hearts Need Healing...

Along with the rest of the country, I've watched in anguish the terrible shootings of the young Amish girls in Pennsylvania, and the subsequent scrutiny that has followed these kind and decent people.
It's just plain and simply sad, and I wish that I had answers to the ills that people find themselves in. Life is hard,and we make it harder by not doing our best to learn to respect each other's differences.
As a musician, I've tried my best to use my music to heal people, and bring them some respid from their everyday stresses, but alas, I know it's not enough, but still I try.
It really breaks my heart that we as human beings who were created in love can't seem to find a handle on our loathing. Dreams aren't enough, talking about it isn't enough, the only thing that will truly work is if we all just take one day at a time and try to understand.
Hearts need healing, life needs to throw us the kind of curve that allows us to just for a moment, step back and take stock in each other.Yes we're different, but we're the same... we're flesh and we're blood.
My heart goes out to the families of those young ladies, may Allah give their souls rest, may HE give the families left behind closure.
For all of the rest of us,we would do well to follow in the footsteps of peace loving people everywhere, but the way there, is to take the first step...my hand is strectched out to you.

3 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

yes charlie. well said.

krystyna said...

Hi Charles!
I'm glad that I found your wonderful blog.
You right,
hearts need healing.
It is great that you try to use music to heal people.
Music is a good medicine.

Keep up your great work!

Charlie Tee said...

Thank you Krystyna, stop by anytime. I checked out your blog, and saw that you are just starting out; good luck, and keep on believing in helping the world.
Take care.