Saturday, December 08, 2007

Home Again

Well, I've finally made it back to my computer, my blog , my music, and to you.
First off before I begin, I have to seriously thank all of you who e-mailed, or called during my time away; and that is virtually hundreds of you.
I got so many forms of expression of well wishes that it would take another blog to say thank you alone.
With that aside, let this post be the beginning of my thank you's .
Just in case you had no idea what was going on during my time away, let me refresh your memory.
Back in July, my kidneys began to fail, and my body began to fail with it. To say the least, it was mortifying to me and to my family. My music suffered, my work suffered, and I suffered. During that time though I got back in touch with me, and although I missed alot of gigs, I felt it was necessary so I put everything on hold.
We all know that Allah (God) perfoms miracles, and I found mine, it was in the form of my medical team, my wife, my children, and my family, my family of friends.
I'm not all the way out the woods just yet, but I'm getting there...and I will get there.
I got an interesting letter from a fan of this blog. They asked if I were still interested in telling my story about journeying in to the music industry? My answer: HELL YES!!!
You have to remember that in order to tell one's story, you need to have all of your thoughts aligned, your ducks in a row as it were.
My thoughts are always at the ready to share, but I just had to feel better first, so on that note I'll say that I'm home again, just look for me.

This post is dedicated to everyone who cared enough about me to be concerned ( you know who you are).
Even when you're home again, Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Charlie--i had no idea you've been sick and I am so sorry to hear it. Please stay well and come and see me. Love your blog. It's great.

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Oh my God, Charlie! I had no idea you were sick. I just figured you were like all my other artist/music buds and off somewhere being creative. I am so glad you're OK and you're back to blogging. I hope you continue to get better and make awesome music!!! (Your CDs are on frequent rotation in my classroom. It's good stuff!!!)

Take it easy, man, and make yourself well again. Sending positive thoughts your way...

-b-

The Pink Supervisor said...

Dang, I hadn't realized you were ill. I got so occupied with my work, this past however long its been. I havn't been in here for a while, nor have I posted on my main for a while. It's all very chokka to be honest. I will definitely e-mail you when i next post on my one. I've written a few rambles on a second one I set up, called 'themadnessbehindtheman' , but there all totally uncensored and ranty, since i was using it more as a shouting board than a blog, and nobody knew how to find it!

Do take care, and crap as i am at it, lets keep in touch :)

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hooray !!!!

you are back!!!!


love ya charlie. hi to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are back up and about. I hope to see you soon.