Friday, March 19, 2010

Diabetes and Me

I've said before in this forum and I'll say many more times. If you don't take care fo your health , you won't be around to play or to sing or act or dance or anything...
With that strong message in mind, I am proud to tell you about a film and and blog that is being finished up right now by one of my closest friends, Florence Regina.
If you've seen the American Express commercial with funny lady Ellen De Generes dancing all over the place, then believe me you've seen my sister Florence. She is the African American lady on the elevator who looks at Ellen as though she's lost her mind, only to exit the space dancing right along with her.
Back in my New York days Florence, myself and our other sister Angela were like 3 peas in a pod, we'd all support each others efforts in making the arts our careers, Florence went into acting which she does best and Angie and I pursued music together.
So far Florence is the huge success story, as I've seen her everywhere; in movies TV, and now in the blogesphere.
Florence developed  Daibetes at a young age  and for years struggled with being accepted because of it. When you're youngster and you want to fit in it can be really difficult. Couple that with the fact the Florence was a newly arrived Haitian immigrant to this land of wonder.
Honestly though, I can't see her not fitting in anywhere that she goes, because this lady if ever there was one, has a serious winning spirit, but truthfully, I can certainly understand what she went through.
Looking at her today made me realize that no matter what you can't let things stop you from your life goals. Florence is now, along with being an accomplished actress, an accomplished producer as well.
So I now want to direct your attention to her blog, which is aptly entitled Diabetes and Me: Florence's Story.She tells us of her journey through the mire of reality to acceptance of this debilating disease, and she gives us insight on what that life is for the not only herself, but the thousands of individuals who suffer from it...and I know, because I'm one of them.For all the years that I've know her Florence has lifted my spirit through our frinedship, she along with Angie, have been 2 of my dearest friends forever, and my life is so much richer for knowing her.So please join me and get the word out about this amazing film and the wonderful lady that tells her story, and realize that it's not just daibetes and me, but diabetes and all of us.
Nuff said.
Before I go, I want to mention that you can reach Florence at info@soleilfilms.com

Support Live music and healthy lifestyles today tomorrow and always.

No comments: