Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Wrong Guy

Recently, I've heard a story that has circulated in the music community about me, and I've decided that it's time for me to address some serious issues.
The rumor that I heard was that I "supposedly" am leaving my band the Carpenter Ants. Not only have I heard it but it's starting to take on a life of its own.
Well folks, let me set the record straight right here and right now. I AM NOT NOR DID I EVER PLAN TO LEAVE THE CARPENTER ANTS ( If you're not sure what I said repeat the last sentence...)
Right now I'm really emotional because I've lost my wife and my child, so at times I may seem out of it, but I have no intention whatsoever to leave my home in this band.
For me the band has been my security, and my blanket to keep me warm. Michael, Ted and Jupie have surrounded me with love and with care, and have helped to see me through all of this.
Slowly, I'm getting back to myself, and regaining my power.
I'm not being metaphorical here folks, I'm merely saying that being in the position that I'm in this band makes me feel stronger and stronger.
During my absences over the past year and again recently with the death of my wife, I've found that I've been feeling a bit vulnerable and insecure. All I can say to that is go through what I've gone through and maybe you get the slightest inkling of how that could happen.
But rest assured, if you think that any of you can push me aside and move me out of this spot, YOU HAVE GOT THE WRONG GUY.
Normally, I have tried my best to be of help to my fellow musicians where ever I am needed, but I won't sit back and have idiots (yeah, I said it...) try to throw my band a curve or my fans a curve.
Kissing Michael's butt won't work, trying to go through my other friends won't work either.
So in short what I am am saying to all of my detractors, if you think that you're capable of moving me out you are more than welcomed to try.
Until then...
Support :Live music today tomorrow and always

No comments: