Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Here's The Skinny...

Here's a pretty funny story, that I was reminded of recently. It falls in the, ' this only happens to me' category... and it features Jupiter Little, Ted Harrison (the Carpenter Ants drummer and bassist respectively), and me.
About 3 years ago on New Years Eve, we did a gig in Alexandria VA. It was an event called "First Night." Quite a few cities around the country are doing these. They're family oriented fun events which feature live music, and things that people can bring their children to, to celebrate the end of one year and the start of a new one.
Anyway, the next morning Jupie, Ted and I headed home for West Virginia ( Michael didn't ride with us because he was going to visit his uncle and some friends )
We're riding along and decided to stop for some breakfast in some small little town in Maryland (I was driving). As I pulled off the exit I noticed that a restaurant was back to the left, but in order to get there we had to make a U turn, so off I go, and in nothing flat I was pulled over by a police officer...It was about that time that I remembered that I couldn't find my drivers license, so, sort of panicked, I explain to the Ted and Jupie that I don't know where it is; well Jupie hands me his license just before the officer asked me for ID, I hand him the license, he goes back to his vehicle (stay with me here...); now just so you get the picture, let me tell you that I am 5'9" and weigh 250 lbs. Jupie is roughly about 6' and weighs next to nothing soaking wet.
After what seemed like forever the officer returns and says to me: " gee Mr. Little you sure have lost alot of weight,"
Obviously, he didn't see the humor in this and wrote me a ticket for $125.00, so of course at that point I wasn't laughing either.

It's times like these that you look back with wonder at how you got over. I guess we really all don't look alike !!!

Support Live Music today tomorrow, and always.

No comments: