Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Music of the Heart

Ahhh love, it's such a wonderful thing, even though at the same time it confuses us, mystifies and stupifies us, and greatly terrifies us we strive to find it daily, maybe even hourly...why is that ?
I think it's because of the music that it dictates to our hearts.
One thing that I've noticed alot is that even the toughest of people succumb to the rhythmic pangs that love causes you to have, and the need to fulfill it becomes one of a great dance to that same rhythm.
Dr. Joyce Brothers says in her book "How To Have Whatever You Want In Life," "that the great need for love is only surpassed by the need for mothering..."
To that, I can really relate.
Some of the greatest songs ever written attest to this fact. We want love and will run skip and jump for it, we'll leave on midnight trains, get tickets to airplanes, and walk 25 miles to get it.
On the other hand we need to learn to not be afraid of it, nor be afraid to say that that is the state we're in. If you don't believe what I'm saying try being without it for any length of time...like a month or so. It ain't easy !!
I find myself writing this because I just went through a bout of my wife being really ill (she's all better now, thank you), and for the first time in my life I really got panicked.
I'm not one who falls apart at the hint of someone being ill, or at the demise of someone, but make no mistake when I tell you that my Vickie is everything to me and I'll make no apologies when I say that I can't function without her. I can carry on if I had to, but I won't function, I'd just go through the motions.
If I ever had to give advice about life, the first thing I'd tell everyone is to follow the music of the heart ( yes folks it's live music !!!) , and dance to your own
rhythm... in your own time.

This post is dedicated to Vickie Tuitt.
It's also dedicated to Suzette Harrison, Valerie Little, and Lida Sheperd.

Even with your heart, support live music today tomorrow, and always.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear that your wife is doing better. I'm sure just hearing how much you care about her made her feel better, too.

I am sorry that I didn't get to hear you guys play on Friday. Anthony had a softball game and I didn't want to go without him. I hope that we hear the band play soon and I hope I can meet the wonderful wife of yours soon.