Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Vandalia Groove

This is the 3rd post that I've written about the Charleston nightspot the Vandalia Lounge, and try as I may, I can't find one single negative thing to say about my experience of playing there.The vibe just gets better and better.

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is for me and my band to play at this nightclub. Every time we're here they up the Ante just another notch.
I've never felt so welcomed in place before as when I come through the door and the entire staff greets me with, "HEY Charlie Tee, we're soooo glad you're here, glad you guys are back, man it's gonna be fun tonight !!"
I've played music for alot of years, and I've gotten to know some great spots during my life. There was a place in New York that I used to frequent, and eventually started playing at called Mikells. Michael and Pat Mikell were two of the nicest people that I had known at that time, just absolutely loved music, loved the vibe that musicians created, and loved to share that with people.Mikells was a tiny place but the atmosphere was tremendous.If you wanted to impress a lady, you take her there and you had it made baby.
Well the feeling that I get at the Vandalia Lounge is exactly the same as when I was hanging out at Mikells. I simply think they have the nicest spot in Charleston.Now don't get me wrong, many of the clubs in this town are fine in their own way , but the feeling at the Vandalia is total, meaning they operate at a level that invites the most beautiful women, the coolest cats, and the greatest of all gifts, FUN.
Every time we have played here, I come away feeling completely resolved to staying in the struggle to be in the music business, and to continue trying to further my career.
On a fun note, I have to ask Pierre ( the club's manager) where in the hell, do they find all of these gorgeous women? Brother, I think that I'm going to start calling you Noah because you're bringin' 'em in 2 by 2.
Alot of ladies loved to be dressed up, and look beautiful, so it's easy for them to fit right in with the Vandalia groove.
Again, I want to say that most of the clubs in Charleston are doing their best to make life better for we musicians, and their patrons but the Vandalia Lounge is raising the bar for all of them...and that's good.
The Vandalia Lounge, the best of New York, in the land of the mountains.

The Vandalia Lounge
212 Hale Street
Charleston WV, 25301
(304) 343-4110
Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Michael,
You and I will have to go see the Ants play soon! :) It would be so fun to go with you!