Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ants in 2006

First let me wish all the Carpenter Ants friends and family a very Happy New Year.This year promises to be one of big things for us...(fingers crossed !!)
Well, after a restful holiday we went back into action at the Empty Glass this past Wednesday, and it seems our little respite did help some things as there were quite a few people at the club and we had some fun.
We started out a bit slow (rusty is more like it...), but time off always does that to folks, so I wasn't too worried, because as usual the band just evolved back to our groovin' selves, save a few mishaps.
I'm still not quite certain what is going on at the Empty Glass, but there seems to be a vaguely weird vibe there anymore, and it bothers me just a little. This club has always been the hub of the best music and the most amount of fun for folks who are strictly into music, but it feels to me like it's lost its edge. Now I know that that happens in the nightclub business, as the saying goes "you're ridin' high in April, shot down in May,"but for some reason the Glass feels like it's getting swallowed up.
My problem is, that I still have so much affection for the club, and it's like watching a stumbling old man, just barely holding on. I wish I knew what to do to help it back on its feet.None the less, I still support it, and still hope that the public continues to love it.
Anyway as I've said I feel like this year will be the year that finally sees the Ants moving forward in the music world. Michael is really putting major effort into connecting us with some people who really want to see us succeed, and it looks as though some of our earlier performances are starting to pay off because some folks are requesting us by name...that's always a good sign.
Individually things are picking up for us as well, we are all getting asked to participate in other people's projects.That especially makes me feel very proud, to be recognized by other musicians.
Personally, I'm working on my list of goals for myself for this year.It has taken me awhile to embrace this concept, but last year I wrote down my goals and read them often, and I found that some of them actually came true...there is something to doing that.
From my standpoint as the lead vocalist and saxophonist of the Carpenter Ants, I am truly looking forward to exploring this year and seeing the possibilites, and I want to invite all of you to vote "Ants in 2006." It's going to be a promising year, come and join us won't you.

Happy birthday Dr. Martin Luther King, your dream is helping mine to come true.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

2 comments:

Emma Jo Aiken-Klar, PhD said...

Dear Charlie,
Thanks for your kind message on my blog. I checked out your band- you guys seem great. I wish you all the best.

all good things,
Emma Jo

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about posting your show dates on the blog? Those on your band's website seem a bit out of date.