Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Birthday Thoughts...

I'm at a really good place in my life, and in an unusal fashion, I'm actually looking forward to celebrating my birthday.
Although I really miss my Mother, Father and my Sister Caroleigh, and I desperately wish that I could see them again, I do what I can to keep their memory alive in me always.
My family has always been proud of me, and have always supported me throughout my life, yet it took me quite a number of years to realize how fortunate that I am. My life is filled with stories, allegory, and spirituality to help me face any situation and I'm grateful to have had such a loving and caring family.
The family that I've lost have been replaced by my new family, I have a loving caring wife in Vickie, my children and grandchildren are the greatest things that could have happened to me.My younger Sister Lauren is the best. My In laws make my life worthwhile, as well as my family of friends ( co workers, band mates, and my blogging family).
One of my dearest friends on the Earth (who also, is now deceased) once told me that I should write down my story because she said that my life is so interesting and full, and I told her that not one person in the world would wanna hear what I had to say. In 2 seconds they'd be headed for the toilet, or they'd need a stiff drink because it's so boring.
Well here I am years later, I'm telling my tale of trying to be in the music business and people all over the place are sending me e-mails of encouragement, they make comments here on my blogs, they come to see my band play, and on Friday I got the shock of my life...
I went outside of work to pick up library materials from our off-sight book-drops, and while in my vehicle I listened to a local radio station, when all of a sudden they play music from the Carpenter Ants latest CD, and the DJ said that we are a great local band from here in Charleston ( that was enough for me…), but then he mentions my name and said that I work at the St Albans library and that the people down there just think he is the greatest…he actually said that. Well first I was embarrassed beyond belief, then, I cried for about an hour…what an honor !!
You just never know how you affect people, but I am so unbelievably grateful to everyone for all of the kind things that they have done for me and for this band, but mostly for the encouragement toward my dreams.
My birthday thoughts this year are leaning toward the hope of continued desire, and passion about playing music for the masses; and for the few, and to be healthy enough to enjoy it.

To DJ Rick Cochran, you’ll never know how grateful I am for what you said. I’m still in shock!!
To Charisse Campbell, I'm glad that I finally listened to you and started writing...I miss you more than ever.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always…and blow out the candles with you’re favorite bands or singers.

4 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

happy, happy, happy birthday!!!!!

i think you should write down some of the different experiences you've had that brought you to this place in your life. if not for yourself, for your grandchildren! i think that will help them see you as the person that you are and not only their grandfather. too often we look at family members as labels, my mother/father/sister/brother etc. and not as persons in their own right. how you might view them if they were not related, just living next door or in your group of friends or aquaintances. i know that my daughter especially and one of my cousins have begun to see me quite differently since i started my poetry blog and they read my works as coming from a woman called sherry, not mom or cuz.
so, happy birthday my brother, my friend! blessings on you and yours!

Charlie Tee said...

Thanks so much...
I started blogging for those reasons as well as what I talk about with regard to music.My grandson Jaylen got to be up on stage with me this past Summer. My relationship with my daughter was strained for a few years, but we're working it out daily, and trying not to blame each other.My son on the other hand is gonna take a little more work, he seems to hurt a little bit more,especially since his Mother my first wife died,some years ago
Life is funny, I see myself greying and balding, and wonder occasionally where has the time gone.None the less, I am happy,and I work at that more everyday, thanks to people like you.
Take care, I'll talk to you this week.Love ya back.Tee

Jen said...

Charlie,
I am SO sorry! I missed your birthday! I didn't know that it was the 22nd or I would have brought a cake by the library this week. I'll make it up to you!

Also, wanted to let you know that a group of us are planning to get together and come to Vandalia on the 3rd. I won't miss it, I promise!!!!

Happy Happy Birthday!

I'm so glad we are friends and I am so sorry that I missed your birthday!

Unknown said...

Hey Charlie - Happy Birthday! I am sure this is why I found you today. I happened to think about Caroleigh and your mom and decided to look them up and found you.

I don't normally play games like this but I'm curious to see if you remember me - from childhood, no less!

Enjoy your day!

Bari