Wednesday, July 12, 2006

American League Melody...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a true blue New York Yankees fan (OK, maybe I'll go so far as to say fan-atic...). Simply put, the motion of a baseball game to me is like a great song.One that is filled with nuances, a hint of drama, and a surprise. It doesn't have to be in any paricular order, but I get it, and I love it.
I live for baseball season, and win lose or draw, I am with my Yankees through thick and thin. I don't know statistical info the way that I used to, but I enjoy the game anyway.
The only time that I am a New York Mets fan is when they are in the World Series against someone else (Subway Series...hint hint hint)
Beyond the scope of that, I am an American League supporter; the only time during the season that I break ranks officially with my Bronx Bombers, so you know that last night I was glued to the television watching that exciting All Star game.
Let me tell you it was a true nail biter until the very end...
I'm sure most of you have seen the paper today so you know that the American League won again 3-1.
Watching the game I noticed that all of the bigger baseball stars weren't the ones who got the job done, it was the "lesser," known players. Even Derek Jeter, my personal fav, struck out 3 times...I- yi yi !!!, made me nervous.
Anyway, I got to thinking about songs that I started out disliking for whatever reason, only to give it a thorough listening, and discovered that I really did like the song after all ( see what happens when you listen...).
I'm saying this because I want to point out that real masters of music put nuances in songs to draw you in, and if they use those nuances just right they end up with beautiful melodies.
In that game when the American League was truly down to the last out, the masters stepped up to the plate and changed the outcome of the game, then my Mariano Rivera (the best closer in baseball ) came in and got the save.The rest of course, is this year's history.
I used to like the National League many moons ago, until I went to my first Yankee game in 1962, now I sing an American League melody, and I'm here to stay.

No true story here, other than to say that if you're involved in music, take some time off to check out other things...it'll add more depth to your music.
Support Live music today tomorrow and always...and remember, baseball is music is baseball. Either way, catch it live.

1 comment:

The Pink Supervisor said...

Heya

It's been a while on commenting or e-mailing... I HAVE been reading your blog though.

I'm still just not feeling up to blogging anymore. Minor fall outs with friends, and various hiccups in life... I don't feel able to express myself like that anymore.

Still I think I'll send you a really big e-mail in the next couple of weeks.. or I'll try to... but I WILL send you a really big e-mail , or several smaller ones...