Monday, July 24, 2006

The Seventh Inning Stretch...

I love my Yankees with all my heart, and I have a particular soft spot right now for Alex Rodriguez. He is struggling to be the kind of player that he knows deep down inside he is, but like many people, sometimes it just ain't in the cards.
As Frank Sinatra said in the great song " Thats Life," you're ridin' high in April, shot down in May. In New York that statement can be a brutal reality for anyone, but fans there can be relentless, and that's a double edged sword.They're either screamng at you, when you're doing your best, or they're screaming at you when doing your worst...I don't care how thick your skin is, it's gotta hurt somewhat.
I wanted to offer A-Rod some friendly advice from a Carpenter Ant...
No matter what, keep your head up. It's difficult enough to do what you do, and like it or not, you can't answer to, nor please everyone.
But, don't worry, because tomorrow is another day, and as long as you believe it, you got another chance to bring your own magic back...and at least one of your fans knows that you will.
As I've said in many of these posts, good, bad or indifferent, I am with you, and the team no matter what. I love it when you win, but I cherish you even more when you lose.
In music, I've had many a bad night over the years; argued with some drunk, gotten asked to play Freebird just one too many times, heck, I even got compared to Al Roker once, for God sakes, it can be downright frustrating, but something in me just keeps going on...it's my true love for what I do, and that gets me outta bed the next morning.
Remember A-Rod, life is about the seventh inning stretch, and tomorrow you'll have another chance, at least in my eyes, to come out of your "slump," and whether you do or not, I am proud that you are a New York Yankee, and I want to thank for making baseball exciting for this musician, who is away from the Bronx, and missing it.

This post is dedicated to Alex Rodriguez, and to all the musicians out there who are trying their best to make it to the next base.


Support Live music today tomorrow and always, and stand by your favorite players no matter what.


2 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

Yankee Doddle dandy.
Hi Charlie!
Looks like life is good

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »