Monday, July 17, 2006

(That Nurse is ) Music to my Ears

I've always had a lot to be thankful for in my life, and for as long as I can remember, music has always been a part of that equation.
I've tried for many years to instill in my children that in order to fulfill their dreams they would have to work at them very hard.
That means that while pursuing your education, you had to work, while pursuing your dream, you had to work, and while pursuing your work, you had to work.
My daughter Kendra recently graduated from Nursing School, and while raising her 2 children, she worked, and she sacrificed, and she cried alot, spent an ungodly amount of time alone with her books, and at the library
but today it all paid off...
As of this evening at 8:30 pm, I am proud to say that my little girl was admitted to the ranks of the Nursing profession as she passed her licensing exam, and can now add RN to her name.
To say the very least, I am very proud of her, but more than anything else, I am happy (make that, overjoyed) for her, because as I said in an earlier posting, she will be able to create the life that she has long dreamed of...and believe me, she deserves it.
Kendra has always been special to me, she has a heart of gold, and I'm proud to say that she has been everything that her wonderful Mother would have dreamed as well.
My daughter has been the greatest song of my life, a melody like no other. That Nurse is music to my ears.
In a few weeks she will be leaving me to move to North Carolina to begin a new job in a hospital, and all I can say is that I hope that everyone there is ready, because the Oprah Winfrey of Nursing is about to arrive.
I won't sit here and tell you that I won't be sad to see her go, but I'm going to do my level best to be strong and not cry when she drives away.
I know that she is equally as nervous, but I also know that she, like me, is a pioneer, and she is not afraid of a challenge...and she will beat the challenge, and that too is music to my ears.

This post is dedicated with all my love to my baby girl, you did it...
Kendra Nicole Dunham (RN)
...Congratulations.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always, and should you get hurt in the process, I know a great Nurse who will patch you up.

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

how wonderful! i know what you must feel. i always told my daughter that if she found something that she really wanted to be, to do in her life that we would do all we could to help, but that most of the work would fall to her.
well, she worked and volunteered all through high school and worked through college and grad school and we did everything we could so that she could get an education and live her dream. she got her masters in physical therapy and is happy and fullfilled. blessings on your daughter. i hope she finds all she dreams.

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

That post made my eyes tear up! It sounds like she has truly found her calling as a nurse and I'm sure her love for her work and her patients comes through. NC is lucky to have her. I hate that she has to leave WV, though!