Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Harlem and the Bronx, (the making of Charlie Tee ) #7

Every now and then I get glimpses into my past when something in my present just strikes me.
Today was one of those days...
It started out great, but progressively slid downhill. I have one of those jobs that somedays it all just clicks and then there are days when ya just can't make any sense of anything, and let's just say that 5 times at bat and I struck out every time.
When my Mom was alive, once in awhile she'd come home from work (in case you'd forgotten, she worked for the Bronx District Attorney's office...), and after having dealt with the criminal element all day she would be just beat. I'd say Ma, how was your day? To which she'd reply, "sometimes murder and larceny just ain't enough.
We always got a chuckle out of that, but understood that dealing with people can be stressful at times, and although you would just love to give it back to em now and again, you have to always do your best to see the other side of your fence.
I've come to realize that music is just like that. There are times when it just fits like a glove and then there are times when no matter what you do, you can switch the light on a hundred times, but the room is still empty.
The lesson here is that no matter what, keep going, keep being positive, keep smiling, and by all means learn to laugh occasionally. it'll make your tomorrow brighter.
Thanks Ma...

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

No comments: