Thursday, February 18, 2010

We Deserve It

Let me say at the onset of this post, that I'm sorry if I offended anyone at my doctors' office today. The staff at my kidney doctor work very dilligently to insure that every patient is well taken care of. They are thoughtful and compassionate individuals who go about their duties with love and care for all who come through their doors...
That being said...

I went today to the aforementioned after having been called at the last minute to cancel my appointment because my Nephrologist went to New York. I was told that the office had indeed called, but could not leave a message with anyone at my house. ONLY ONE CALL !!!
I do have other ways that they could have contacted me, but this never materialized, so after much anger on my part, I was seen by the doctor's assistant (who I happen to wish were my doctor...), only to be told that we now have major health issues with me AGAIN.
Not only will I now have to endure another surgery, but because I was misinformed by a number of other professionals (disguised as doctors...), I'm going to have to have a second surgery to correct a prior one ( I hope you're following me here).
When I went into a complete tirade, everyone tried in vain to calm me down wanting me to understand their positions about all of this. We had alot of "well Mr. Tuitt, I completely understand your frustration, and we're sorry about that and so on..." Someone please tell me that they did not just tell me that.
My point of contention is not the fact of the surgery, but the simple fact that at no time during the process of the prior surgeries did anyone have their acts together enough to get the damn thing right in the first place. Playing with my life to these people has become a ping pong match of the highest order. They can't seem to get all the ducks in a row at the same time.
Because the so called professionals didn't do what they were and are charging to do, people like me become frustrated and take out their anger on well meaning people who ARE doing their jobs correctly.
I feel right now like all of my joy in life has been stripped away. I feel so terrible in fact that I don't even know if Allah (God) can help me. It makes me begin to understand how good people can suddenly become angry and brooding, and I refuse to.
I've always liked to feel that I am a positive person who takes life as it comes, but even for me this is a bit much. When I have to rob Peter to pay Paul, and the doctor sees me for all of 5 seconds in the hospital and I have to pay them tens of thousands of dollars just to say hello. Something has got to give...something. My life is in the balance. Even my optomism is in check here.
All I ask of these professionals is that they quit jerking us around and do what you set out to do, HEAL PEOPLE; don't conceal from people. Put yourselves if you can in our very freightened and worn out shoes. We deserve at least that much.

No comments: