Sunday, April 17, 2005

Happiness

Playing music makes me very happy, listening to music makes me equally as happy.
I know all this happiness sounds like too much lithium but I've really tried to make it my business to find happiness on a consistent basis. Even through the foggy days of my life I've tried to make myself see through it and smile.
Switching channels a bit...why is it that we are soooo obssessed with other people's happiness or lack thereof ? It seems to me that if Prince Charles wanted to remarry why should the public have such great concern.
The way I see it is , if it doesn't directly pertain to you what should it matter...
Now I love celebrity and I like celebrities but what they do when they're at home is just not a concern that I feel that I should have. I'm not saying that if they do something illegal that they shouldn't pay, quite the contrary but your basic persuit of happiness (whatever that is) is for you to find.
One shouldn't be classified a nerd or geek if they get their happiness from engaging themselves at a computer. You shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable because you lose yourself in books, or music.
Whatever it is for you, find it, try it, and go for it.
For me that happiness is a beat that makes my hair stand on end (OK smart alecks, I know that I don't have any hair, but you get the picture), and a melody that takes me home, and a groove that fills me up like a gallon of water.
At the end of every Mountain Stage, host Larry Groce engages the audience to "go out and catch some live music," I think Larry is on to something!!!
If you're not sure what kind of music to listen to, there's fuel food and lodging when you when you get off at any exit in the state of Happiness.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

It might not be live music, but D-M rocked out to Aretha in her highchair at breakfast. :D

I know you aren't Sihk, but BBC had some great coverage of the Vaisakhi celebrations in England. The parades were cool.

Anonymous said...

Great post. :)