Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bit by Bit

This weekend sees my full return to the stage, while still recovering from my illness. It's been a slow process, but I'm feeling better bit by bit. I'm even trying to be patient with myself (now that's a first...).
On Friday, the Carpenter Ants had gigs galore. We participated in Blues Brews and BBQ as part of the 2nd annual FestiVall (another rousing success for the city of Charleston). We were seen at the University of Charleston and at Haddad Riverfront Park. I survived both things, and by most accounts I did pretty well.
Saturday, we did our annual party for the Charleston Area Shag Society. We made alot of new fans/ friends, sold a boat load of CD's and even got to end earlier...it was a daytime gig. That gig is always a whole lot of fun.
Bit by bit I'm still holding up, and we haven't even gotten to Sunday yet, and that promises to be the icing on the cake.This Sunday will be my return to my beloved Empty Glass for our post Mountain Stage Jam.
Thoughout my ordeal with this illness you all have been here for me, keeping my spirits up with all of your calls, e-mails and wonderful comments. I'm not a Rock star, but you all have made me feel like one. I can't thank you enough for all of the encouragement.
Friendships and fans grow little by little; bands and singers labor hard to build their fan base, it takes lots of trial and error, and it takes open mindedness on the part of everyone, but when the love happens between us, it just gets better... bit by bit.
I hope that our love will last a lifetime.

This post is dedicated to the following...
Vickie Tuitt
Amy Bowe
Larry Groce, and the FestiVall commitee
The Carpenter Ants, and Steve Ferguson
John and Karen Fitzgerald
Kevin and Dee Twohig

Support Live music today tomorrow and always...and save the last dance for me.

4 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i'm really so glad that you are feeling well and back playing! i know that if i could not write it woyld kill a big part of me. it happened once before and for a long time and there was a dead place in me, so i know that you must feel like you could fly now that you are back where you belong! blessings on you and yours.

Charlie Tee said...

I'm not a 100% yet, but I'm getting there...
Last night at the Empty Glass was a little hard, but fun, I'm kinda paying for it today,my legs are swollen pretty bad, so Vickie is gonna make me stay off them all day I know.Oh well, if I'm gonna get better at all, I'll have to start listening to her, and my daughter, because believe me between the 2 of them, I don't stand a chance.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

and that is how it should be! ; )

Charlie Tee said...

Spoken like a true nurturer...HA HA HA.