Sunday, June 04, 2006

Thank You for Everything

As you may or may not know, I was recently in the hospital. My Doctor decided that we needed to try to figure out what is wrong with me, and why I had lost among other things my energy, also to see if my kidney functioning is in fact going down, or if there are other factors that were contributing to my failing health.
Well, I was released on Friday night with a fairly clean bill of health. My kidney function isn’t as bad as we thought, but we also narrowed down my energy loss, thanks mainly in part to hunch that my wife Vickie had. She noticed that when got to hospital that I was extremely cold, to the point of severely shivering, and on a day when the temperature was in the 80’s that just wasn’t natural.
I was shaking so badly that I couldn’t hold a glass of water steadily in my hand. Vickie said “I think that you have fever,” and had the Nursing staff take my temperature. Sure enough my temp was really high. From there between Vickie (who by the way, is a Radiologic Technologist by profession, though gladly retired) ( that’s an X-ray Tech, if you’re not certain), my Doctor, the staff at the hospital, and my new Nurse daughter Kendra (who by the way had worked on the very floor I was on while in Nursing school, so she knew personally most of the people treating me), they figured out how to treat me.
All that being said, I am at home now and trying to fight my way back to optimal health.
Needless to say, I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm ready, willing and able.
I feel as though I owe everyone my life. There were/ are, sooo many who didn’t bat an eye to help me.
I will never be able to repay all of the kindness of phone calls to me during my time in the hospital, and e-mails when I returned home, as well as all of the visitors I had in the hospital (honestly, it was almost party central !! ).
I said in my last piece, that I feel like Lou Gehrig of the Yankees,who said, I feel like the luckiest man on Earth,” though I’ll go a step further to say that I feel like the most blessed man on Earth.
What you all have done for me will be in my heart forever
, so much so, that I also feel like actress Sally Field when she said “ you like me, you really like me!!”
I will always be honored to be the friend of all of you.
I’m gonna be home for a couple of months recovering, and I sincerely hope to continue to hear from you all, as well as see you.
In the meantime don’t stop the music, just know that I’ll be back on the scene shortly, and that I just might be a little stronger.
Thank you for everything.

This post is dedicated to my Vickie, thank you for always being there for me, without question.

Ps. One more favor: Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

5 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i'm so happy that you are getting better and that you have so much love surrounding you.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Jen said...

Charlie,
I am so glad that you are doing better. Sorry I have been out of touch for a while. Been busy...you know how it is ... :(

Hope you get well soon and if there is anything I can do to help you get well as quickly as possible, please let me know.

Hugs, prayers, and best wishes!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»