Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Lonely Suite.

It's always a little strange when you talk about past relationships, but I need to do this because it's just time to...
I've often wondered why it is that people in Hollywood, and in the music industry seem to have one day relationships.By that I mean they get married, have lavish weddings, huge receptions, papparazzi stalking them, the whole works, then tomorrow, the marriage goes south.Scandal ridden, anger, papparazzi stalking them to capture the anger and the hurt, and etc.
Then, I answered my own question, by following the same pattern myself.It's because of a little thing that I like to call the "big head," also known as ego.
Ego can do to you what Crack cocaine does to the drug addict, or serious alcoholism does for the drunk, it can make you think that you are bigger than life, and that you can do no wrong.
For people in the music industry, being in the public eye can fuel that ego, like gasoline in an automobile.For us, we aren't just on the screen, we're in concert, and up close and personal with our audience, so it gives being on display a whole new meaning.
I had a relationship with a woman that I really cherished, valued and wanted to keep, but my ego got in the way and lead me down a dangerous path.It told me that I can have her, and another woman at the same time. So instead of seeing that relationship through to the light, it ended abruptly leaving me to go through life alone for awhile, something that I really didn't want to do, but as I've said many times in these posts, I seem to always have to learn my lessons the hard way.
Now I see this woman, and I realize how completely stupid I was.
I'm happily married now, and so is she and despite my stupidity, I am happy for her because she got what she deserved, someone faithful.
I almost lost my Vickie for the same stupidity, and now that we've weathered that storm, I finally have grown up and realized what I didn't in the first relationship, I've learned to be happy, and work at my love... together.
I know that for some people, especially in the music biz, it's all about the momentary pleasure, the instant gratification, or putting it bluntly, the little head taking over the big head.
For those of you in this business who are just starting out, I want to tell you that it's a great business, but only when you take care of it correctly.
Don't let your egos tell you that you're invinsible, because if you're like me and really want to be in love, giving your ego control will earn you the Lonely Suite at the Heartbreak Hotel.

This post is dedicated to April. Thank you for standing your ground.


Cherish your love, and Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

No comments: