Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Words as Music

This is a post to honor my good friend, and sister, Sherry Pasquarello who is a poet, and fellow blogger; on the upcoming anniversary of her blog After The Bridge.
Sherry's work by her own account is ecclectic, and consists of a me'lange of things, but to me the way she looks at life is the same way that I see and hear music.
There are so many artists who paint vivid pictures to me of how they see life, and her words do the same, they paint vivid pictures showing many sides and slices of life.
When I read her words, many artists come to mind, but probably the most significant one is Elton John. Over the earlier years he and Bernie Taupin would collaborate and using Bernie's words, Elton would make some unforgettable music.
To my knowledge none of Sherry's words have been set to music, but on their own her words are as music. She has found that balance between our 2 worlds; rhythm and writing, harmony and texture, canvas and a paintbrush.
If you're reading my words here, please let me encourage you to visit this wonderful lady, and be moved as I am by her visions which double as words.Her words as music will excite you, and make you dance in the same way that I try to with the Carpenter Ants music, and my own music.
And as I'm fond of telling my wife, there is something in it for everyone, and although we don't always hit the mark, we keep trying. Sometimes we have to walk on many paths before we find the one that fits us, and I have found mine...happy anniversary Sherry, thank you for allowing us to share in your world. Thank you for being part of mine, and thank you most of all for your friendship.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always... and you'll find that some of the best music is poetic, and metaphoric.

1 comment:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

you make me smile, a smile is a true gift charlie, you do me honors, but most importantly, you are my friend! thank you from my heart!