Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Giving A Name to the Sound...

During the course of writing these blog posts, I've had a unique opportunity to hear from many people that I might not have met or come into contact with otherwise.
Having a forum to do this is nice way to meet new friends and/ or possible fans directly involved in music either as participants or listeners.
Recently, I got a comment on one of my posts from a young man from the UK, whom I now consider a friend. His name is Joel Ison; and he is a fellow blogger, and an emerging musician who is also standing in the shadows of music. Joel is 17, but don't let his age fool you. As I'm finding out Joel is quite astute when it comes to his music and his life...he's very focused.
Joel and his bandmates have found themselves in a bit of a dilemma, and they've asked for my help and that of my readers. They have been functioning as a group without a name, and they are trying to come up with something that will help to define them and their music.
I'm going to post a link at the end of this post to Joel's blog and also, where I have my links on the right I'm posting a link to a poll for you to vote on a name for his band.
One thing that I'm certain about is that giving a name to the sound can be a defining moment for any band or musician, it can be a life changing thing for someone who is trying to edify and/ or entertain people, so while you're thinking of names please be cognizant of the fact that these are younger people who are trying to do the right thing...let's stand by them.

Joel, keep up the good work and keep trying, I hope to one day be able to meet you and enjoy your music face to face. Good Luck brother !!

Click here to access Joel's blog posts, from there relax, read...enjoy.

No comments: