Saturday, December 17, 2005

And Now Back to the Music...

I know it seems that I've been distracted and that I've not talked about my journey through music in a good while, nor have I told you a good story lately about my quest. There is a good reason for that, I really didn't have much to report that wouldn't be redundant and I didn't want you to get too bored with me so I simply sidestepped for a minute.
And now back to the music...

This has been an amazing week, starting last Friday, The Carpenter Ants went to the studio to record 2 great songs written by Michael Lipton (our band leader and guitarist).
This is just my humble opinion but I think Mike has a serious hit on his hands with at least one of the songs if not both.
"Faith Trust and Love," is pure rock and roll the way it was originally done, by Black folks! In Juke joints, with slamming pounding rhythm that makes you sweat through your clothes and down to your shoes.
I can hardly wait 'til we start doing that song in earnest and playing it in public, I know that you'll love as much as I do.
The second song is just fun and uproariously funny to me. It's entitled "They Want Your Monkey,"and I fell in the floor laughing when Mike explained the "nature" of this song.
Ted Harrison and Jupiter Little (our bassist and drummer respectively) did a great job as always and simply knocked out their parts.We also enlisted the aid of our good friend Randy Gilkey to sit in on the keyboards, and he put an old Hammond B3 organ sound to the music and gave it life. Assisting me with vocal duties was the great vocalist Cynthia Taylor ( the other CT... ), with only one days notice she came in with me this week and did background vocals.
I got a little worried because on Wednesday Jupie got really sick and had to miss our show at the Empty Glass, so we had to scramble and find someone to replace him for the night and our reserve drummer Ahmed Solomon couldn't make it either (that's when I start to get panicky), but at the height of the day we found Mark Davis of the Voodoo Katz band, and did he ever do a good job...saved the day.Thanks buddy!!
In all I've had a very positive week, and I even have this weekend off to relax and hang out at home with Mrs.Tee, and I'm looking forward to it as well as endless episodes of NYPD Blue,(YAYYY !!), Andy Sipowicz here I come...ahhhh rerun heaven.
Have a great weekend everybody.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, sounds like some great songs and time with your sweetie is i imagine always cause for a celebration!!! be well. sherry

The Pink Supervisor said...

Nice to hear your grooving away. At the moment, I'm practicing fairly heavy, but I seem to have gone a little Keith Jarrett, in terms of being EXTREMELY tired! (I've had two early nights). At least I have a BIZARRE gig to look foward to... I'll post it on my blog when I know more about it!