Sunday, December 25, 2005

Greetings of the Season...

I wanted to take this time and wish you all the happiest of holidays, whatever you celebrate...

Even though I'm Muslim, I have to say that celebrating the holiday with my family is a highpoint in my life, and it's proof that love conquers all.
Earlier this week my Sister Lauren came to visit and spent the week with Vickie and I. Lauren is very quiet and sort of shy, so we hardly heard a peep out of her, but she got to get some rest and relaxation which means an awful lot to me.
Unfortunately, she left yesterday morning, and I'm just sad...
Later that day we all went to the Christamas event of the year...a trip to Sanney land. My In-laws Bob and Diane hold the party to end all parties. Let me give you an idea of how special this all is. First of all it's just great when our family is all in the same room at the same time ( I live for this...). Three genrations of Sutphins, Sanneys,Tuitt's, Ryan's, Bays and our extended family of friends.
My Sister in law Diane is just simply the greatest human being; she works tirelessly for our family to keep it together (not the easiest of tasks). She and my Brother in law have created a home for us to enjoy our ever growing family.
It is such a blessing to be part of this family and to watch and see how all of our children have grown and are now raising families of their own, or simply just doing well on their own.
My stepson Marty is home from college and showed me his grades and he's really doing well and I couldn't be more proud of him.Missy and Matt and my grandniece Maddy in from Pittsburgh and doing well...Maddy is a sweetie.Amber and Todd and my grandnephew Isaac.Jennifer and my grandnephew Aidan; these are 2 of the nicest little boys, and I couldn't be happier to be their Uncle. My niece Jessica was in the house and being the doting Auntie.
Of course my Mother in law Helen was there as our matriarch,our cousin Venna, and our friends Linn and Katherine rounded out the family.
In the Sanney house it's a mountain of food, and an ocean of presents. Quite literally we spent nearly 3 hours wading through presents, at the end of the evening I personally counted 7 large trashbags with just wrapping paper.
If you've seen the commercial for Sears where the guy ends up trimming his tree to the point that that it's just the tree top because there are so many presents, then you can have an idea of how large this holiday is in this family, but it doesn't get any better than this, let me tell ya.

On behalf of my entire family, I want to wish you all, greetings of the season.
This post is dedicated to the following:
Vickie S.Tuitt, my wife
Lauren McGuinness, my sister
Marty Adams, my stepson
Bob and Diane Sanney my brother and sister in law
Helen Sutphin, my mother in law
Missy, Matt and Maddy Ryan, my niece, nephew and grandniece
Amber, Todd and Isaac Bays, my niece, nephew and grandnephew
Jennifer Sanney, and Aidan, my niece and grandnephew
Jessica Sanney, my niece
Venna Lilly, our cousin
Linn Ohgren,and Katherine Williams, our extended family
This family is a lesson in love, and I'm glad to learn it.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always, celebrate the holidays with your loved ones, and find out how it makes for the sweetest music.

4 comments:

bob said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Betsy said...

Sounds amazing! :)
I'm glad you had a good time!

Jen said...

I am so glad that you and yours had a wonderful holiday get together!!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Charlie. You are a great friend...

Jen

Sherry Pasquarello said...

it sounds wonderful! we used to have huge family christmas eve celebrations, but over the years family members have passed on and others have scattered over the land and now, we are down to a few, but this year we had mai, the most beautiful little grandbaby you've ever seen(yeah, i know, but then, she's my grandbaby)18 months old and all the way from china! that helped, but i wish my grandma and popop would have been there to see her (i know they watch over her, but still...)
(and we had that darn squid!)
i'm so happy you had a wonderful day!