Friday, December 09, 2005

A Warm Fuzzy Feeling at the River's Edge

Thursday night was just like a snapshot from a New England Inn, here in St Albans at the Rivers Edge Cafe. All we needed was a fireplace, clam chowder and some turtlenecks.
The music was intimate last night as we held court with Jim Snyder, Phil Ruby, Jupie Little and yours truly.
I cannot say enough about how I've enjoyed my playing experiences at this St.Albans gathering spot.The people, the food , the atmosphere and the good times are more than worth the drive from anywhere.
My wife Vickie hung out with me, which is something that we just don't get to do alot of, and she had a blast.That alone for me is worth the price.
Jim and crew have made this Thursday thing a happening around town, and folks in this area really get behind it; although there wasn't too huge a crowd in part because the weather was so lousy, plus there was a supposed impending snow storm (yeah right...). None- the less we played, we sailed and we wowed the folks in attendance.One of the ladies on the waitstaff requested that I sing "Ain't No Sunshine,"and I hoped that I did well for her...
At some point ( I never figured out how we got on the subject...) but someone somewhere mentioned a song by the great Roger Miller called "Dang Me," and it turned out that Phil not only knew it but did for me !!!
I love that song, it is such a hoot, and Phil knocked it right out
In the Carpenter Ants, I don't get to play a whole lot of saxophone primarily because I'm the lead vocalist, so it's a nice pause for me to be able to just play the horn and the flute.
In the New England states, nights like these are great because it's so intimate and cozy, so it's nice to be able to recreate that warm fuzzy feeling at the River's Edge.
I'm not too big a fan of Ol' Man Winter, but when you have a night like we did who the heck cares, it's all good.
Satisfy your cozy nature with a trip to St.Albans most Thursdays and catch Jim and company.You'll be glad that you did, and it's the perfect start to your weekend.

Jim Snyder and Friends appear at the
River's Edge Cafe
212 Main St.
St.Albans WV, 25177
(304)722-6320

call for schedule, or e-mail Jim (jimsnydermusic@netscape.net)

This post is dedicated to the following...
Vickie Tee, Paul, Diane and Natalie Dollison,Tina Coll, the future fiddler, and the staff of the River's Edge.Thank you for your support and a truly wonderfunfilled evening.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Wanted to say thanks to Charlie Tee for his semi-regular appearances for the Thrusday's Music Club at the Cafe. He always brings much to the table. By the way his "Ain't No Sunshine" is superb.

Checked out the Carpenter Ants Saturday night and we had a grand ol' time.

Thanks,
The Futrue Fiddler's Neighbor

Charlie Tee said...

The restaurant is closed but the cafe is up the street from the old place.The food there is good as well.
In the old place now called the Californian (Chinese and American cuisine)they still serve the cornbread appetizers that we've come to love so much...smile.
When your in town sometime, we ought to go.Their food is great too.