Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thoughts About My Journey

I've been at this game of music for a long time now, and I think it's about time for some relfection.
Music has been such an integral part of me for so many years, and truly I have loved every minute of it. Of course there are times that I could live without, but overall it has been wonderful.
The best of it has been my time spent here in The Carpenter Ants. My brothers have enriched me to no end, and I'm very grateful we share this journey together.
One of the reasons that I'm talking about this today is that I feel it is important for all of you who think, "oh I'm getting to old to chase a dream, or think that one can spend too much time going nowhere, or just simply feel that what you want is unattainable,"I want to tell you not to give up or give in.
If playing music makes you happy, then by all means go for it. If you can make a couple of bucks along the way, then why not. Just be realistic about it. Savor the process by which it comes. Build your building from the ground up and not from the tenth floor as many of our youngsters seem to want to do.
I've always said, it didn't matter to me about the length of time it takes, so long as I take the time to pursue my passion.
Another reason for this writing is to say thanks to the many people who support us. It's gratifying to look out into the audience and see your faces out there waiting for us and rooting for us.
When we played on the Levee in Charleston in September, collectively, we all said "that it was one of the most fun nights we had there."
This part of the journey is important as well, connecting with people.It's just good business.
Like any voyage, it can be fraught with turbulance and sorrow, and of course, I'm no different, I've had my share, but even with those setbacks, I still feel that this has been a most worthwhile experience, to play music for you.
As long as I have breath in the old body, I will continue to try and entertain you. As long as a keyboard exists, I will still try telling you the thoughts about my journey.
I sincerely hope that all of these posts and all of my stories help those of you striving as I am in music, come to realize that this is a process; that all of these things add up to you being musicians and playing in this game.
They are important steps...and remember, the longest journey starts with a single step.
These steps are a necessity so that you remember where you came from. Always look forward, and always reflect backward. Doing so will allow you to take better stock in yourself, You'll realize your true value.
I'm always grateful to you. Take care and have a great day.

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and follow The Carpenter Ants on Facebook.

14 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

wonderful thoughts charlie!

Rick Saenz said...

Charlie Tee,

Recognition is nice and can help pay the bills, but it doesn't make your accomplishment the slightest bit more significant. And lack of recognition doesn't diminish it one bit.

You and I and your band and your fans know what an amazing thing you've done. But no matter how many people know, or how few, it's still amazing!

Charlie Tee said...

It's all about the journey. For me, it has allowed me to come into the radar of people like you, adn Chris.
These things are no accident, conections are always a good thing.
Sharing stories, ideas and time can only be beneficial.
As the Supremes put it "someday day,we'll be together..."
It has been a most fortunate experience getting to know everyone of you whom I've net blogging as well as playing music.
It gets better with each performance and each keystroke.

Charlie Tee said...

I really need to proofread better...
I meant to say you "and"Chris...
and also I should have said "met."
Oh well, it the thought...LOL

Global Bookmark Blog said...

http://www.globalbookmarkblog.info

First Article Submission said...

Good post. Keep going and be useful for others. Thanks.

Best Technology Blog said...

Such work is demanding. Very good. Thanks.

Best Directory Submission said...

Excellent content. Looking towards future. Thanks.

Amazon Sales said...

Good job. Everybody make post related comments. Thanks.

Ayman It said...

Unique idea. Make it persistent. Thanks.

Global Bookmark Shop said...

Useful post. We look forward for the next. Thanks.

Global Bookmark Shop said...

Useful post. We look forward for the next. Thanks.

World Bookmarking Online said...

Interesting post. I like it. Thanks.

New World Bookmarking said...

Good afford. I appreciate it. Thanks.