Sunday, March 27, 2005

Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor)

Friday night came finally and with it a long awaited and needed road trip...
We really shine bright when we play on the road, there is something magical about being front of people that you don't know terribly well. If it's done right you lose your inhibitions, you forget that you have been at work all day, or all week for that matter, shake off the cobwebs, chill out with your favorite whatever and let the tones wash over you like a great shower or relaxing soothing bath, or you can simply dance it all away.
From those choices we started the night by trudging up some serious stairs to Olivers in Marietta Ohio, bad news for carrying equipment, but great for my Diabetes (any exercise helps keep that blood glucose under control).
Now we get under way and first up is a gentleman that I'm getting to know alot about through his music, Todd Burge. Todd has an amazing sense of humor and sharing the night with him makes for a wonderful way to start the weekend. He is to my way of thinking the Bud Abbott to our Lou Costello, or better yet Ed McMahon to Johnny Carson.
With Todd was a young man named Bill Matheny, who I really enjoyed and they set us up perfectly.
By the time we were up folks in the audience exploded out of the starting gate. We hit them like the guns of Navarone and sank all their troubles if only for one night.
All was well in musicland...that is until the end of the night ( you knew this was coming...)
I know how difficult it must be for club owners to deal with people like this band because they made your establishment some much needed cash, but then reality sets in and you look at the rent, you look at your employees, you look at a window to jump out of, but you have to remember this line from the great movie "Field Of Dreams,"" If you build it they will come."Now don't get me wrong I'm all for helping out people but let's be REAL here. I got a house payment, I've got a wife that I will care for, I have a child in college, oh yeah, and I gotta eat too. So while you're dealing with realities of your wonderful life (remember you own the club) Work with me if you expect to keep that happy existence. Instead of trying to make me pay top dollar for a burger that I could have gotten at the fast food joint, feed me a meal that's worth me coming back. By the way, x amount of dollars between 6 people still adds up to less than your intake for the night, and let me also add gas to my tab.
You should have had a cigarette after sex that great...
None the less we came, we saw, we kicked butt in the heartland, and I guess there's some merit in that.
To Todd, I'm really sorry that your wonderful music isn't heard by more folks who have lots of money, you're far better than you get credit for, but let's continue to make that great music together.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Most geniuses are not appreciated. :) You just keep on anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie Tee, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Help People and see what came up. Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor) is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Help People. Getting late, have a good evening.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie Tee, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Increase Cash Flow will bring up. Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor) is certainly interesting and informative. Increase Cash Flow is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie Tee, taking a little time today to see what Help People will send me to that is interesting. Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor) looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Help People in my e-travels. Have a super day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie Tee, taking a little time today to see what Increase Cash Flow will send me to that is interesting. Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor) looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Increase Cash Flow in my e-travels. Have a super day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie Tee, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Relax At Home and see what came up. Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor) is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Relax At Home. Getting late, have a good evening.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie Tee, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Relax At Home and see what came up. Four Dead in Ohio (as a metaphor) is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Relax At Home. Getting late, have a good evening.