Saturday, February 25, 2006

Calm Before The Storm, or Weird Clarity...

This week was great, long but great, I got to play lotsa music, I learned some valuable things at work at the library, and I spent time with my Vickie (although would have liked a bit more of hanging out with her...).
I really feel like my life is headed in the direction that I've always wanted to go, and one truly valuable thing I'm learning is, to be patient.
Patience, although very underrated is a truly worthwhile thing. I don't why this all of sudden hit me, but I feel like for once I have a good handle on it.
Also this week, I've had the weirdest dreams that I think that I've ever had...all kinds of things have popped into my little mind, but the message that I got from them all was to be patient...Charlie, be very patient, so I'm trying to listen to that voice and slow my butt down a little, listen to my insides and focus.
I'm fairly certain that this has occured to me once before, and when it happened that time I listened also, and I was lead to some very life changing things, including meeting one of my heroes, David Sanborn in New York.
You all, I'm sure have heard the phrase, that it's darkest before the dawn, or calm before the storm.Well that seems to be the vibe that's going on with me; a sort of weird clarity, I'm seeing things coming my way that are going to change me for the better, or move me up higher on the ladder, only now, I'm really ready to receive it...I've blocked my blessings long enough.
In my last post, this very strange puzzle came to me in the form of words, and you need to know that that is something out of the norm for me, I just don't seem to operate that way, in other words, I'm a fairly straight forward person, even in my dreams. So this is all a little new for me, with these types of dreams and all.
Whatever all of this means, I hope and pray that you all are with me, because having all of your prayers for me has meant more to me than you will ever know, and I want to say that here and now.
So many people have written to me to tell me that what I've had to say has meant alot to them, and that has touched my soul deeply, and I hope that it is conveyed in my music as well...the love that I have for all of you.
Call it the calm before the storm,weird clarity, or whatever you'd like, but I'm not afraid anymore...and I like that.

This post is dedicated to everyone who reads it...

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

yes, you are blessed charlie. enjoy it, it's a gift. one should always embrace a gift. it pleases the giver.

Jen said...

I pray that you have even more blessings to come!

Thanks for being such a great friend!

JEN :)