Saturday, February 18, 2006

Some Explanation Is Required...

If you look back over many of my recent posts it may seem as though my blog has taken on a different tone,or better yet moved away from my original intentions, which is to chronicle my journey toward being in the music buisness.
There is a reason for this, but it requires a little patience and understanding. I still am very interested in playing music full time, but in order to help you (the readers) understand what this journey is comprised of you need to realize that in every story of a person trying to achieve a dream there are parts that are the makeup of that person.
In other words, all of these stories of people, places and things are the parts of the puzzle that guide me along on my path. When I relay a story about my parents for example, it's done to convey the importance of family in one's goals.
When I pay homage to a fallen star, as I did with Luther Vandross, or Richard Pryor, I need you to realize that these are people who in doing what they did had affect on what I'm doing, and am trying to do.
The reason that some explanation is required is that I want to use all of these experiences to help me, keep me grounded, keep me sane, and keep me trying until I reach my goal.By telling it in this way I want people who aren't in music to see that there is a process for some of us.
I got an e-mail from a fan of this blog, who wanted to know why I'm not telling more of the actual struggle to get into the business, hence, I wrote this in answer to them.
If any of you come away with anything else other than I truly want to make music, then please, guess again, music is my first and ONLY love.
Not to worry though, there is plenty to write about within my journey...so the trip continues.

4 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

music as poetry or painting or even cooking, gardening, comes from the heart and the experiences of our lives that give us access to our hearts deepest meanings. i feel no matter how skilled a person is it falls flat if one's heart is not in the endeavor. heart, empathy, wisdom born from living and learning and joy and sorrows. soul, if you will. charlie, you know and i hope your e-mailer does too, that without it, why bother? it is a need, like air.fame? yes, a grand goal, but to touch even one person with your art, in this case, music, THAT is a blessing.

Charlie Tee said...

You just floor me sometimes...Thanks for the encouragement, it always means alot to me.

Jen said...

Charlie,
We are all blessed to be a part of your journey...through life, through music, and rejoice with you in good times and support you in bad times.

We want to hear what is going on. Those who enjoy your music enjoy hearing about your life, and vice versa. We enjoy hearing about YOU.

So keep singing, praying, writing, praising, and being..... Keep on keepin' on!

Jen :)

Charlie Tee said...

...and you too Jen, you are special to me as well.