Sunday, February 19, 2006

This Puzzle Called Life

There once was a puzzle called life and it was spread all over a table.Something bumped into the table and knocked off a few pieces, and just as I reached to pick them up, a strong wind came along and blew away some of my life. Stunned, I tried to continue, but I realized that I needed those pieces, so I went in search of my life's missing pieces. That journey took me far and wide, but I needed those pieces so I ventured on.Along the way I found hope, which is a piece of my life, but I had to have the rest to complete my puzzle.
I tried to imagine life without the remaining pieces, and I couldn't see life altogether, so I moved along, hoping to complete the puzzle someday.
I met a friend who told me that she spied one of the pieces of my life but I needed to marry in order to get it back. So I married and retrieved another piece of life.During the marriage, I realized that I also needed understanding to complete my life puzzle, so I set off to find it as well when I encountered work.Work gave me part of my puzzle, but a stronger wind came and blew away the piece that I was holding, so I simply headed for home, when I got there I decided to try to finish my puzzle without those pieces only to realize that I had everything I needed all along.
The question: how is it that I didn't realize that I had what I needed ?

I have no real reason for writing this, it just came to me this way, but I hope that some of you will try to answer it,or solve it.
I've been dreaming alot lately...

Support lIve music today tomorrow and always.

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

odd, i wrote a poem years ago about the missing puzzle pieces of life. i can't find it yet, if i still have it. it would be in what i call my files, but it's more like a 2 drawer mess!

i don't think we ever have all of the pieces. some pieces are in the hands of others. they can see the pattern, we can't. some pieces are worn and the edges dulled and don't fit neatly, some are razor sharp and will cut if we are not careful in handling them. some pieces have memories on them that we aren't ready to accept or they have places we've yet to be or people on them we've yet to meet. the last puzzle piece will be fitted after we've gone on, so yes, charlie, we live lives without all of the pieces and if we are wise, we make a beautful picture with the pieces we have and the pieces we are handed. when we pass on, then the last piece is fitted in by the divine, and we will finally see and understand everything.

Jen said...

Sherry, I couldn't have said it better myself. You took the words right out of my mouth!

Isn't it strange how things come to us? Isn't it strange how we receive the message?