Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Not Enough Hours In the Day

I had to laugh this morning, because I got an e-mail message from my friend Joel in London, then I read my friend Jennifer's post on her blog, and I came to the conclusion that there just aren't enough hours in the day to do all that we strive to do routinely, let alone adding extracurricular activities in the mix.
It seems like everyday time just gets shorter and shorter, and we find ourselves wondering where the hell our lives have gone.
Knowing that my true aim in life is to play music and have that be my life's work, it feels like I'm doing everything but that.
The reason that this all is humorous to me is that I often have to take the Ferris Buehler approach to life.His outlook on life goes something like: "life moves pretty fast, sometimes you gotta stop and watch it or else, you miss it."
That movie changed my attitude about working and slaving everyday over a hot office.Now mind you, I'm not suggesting at all, that you (or anybody for that matter)run out and quit your livelihood, but I am saying that we all need to take some time for 'me.'
I'm also saying, that in your daily/weekly process of working, or schooling remember that Rome wasn't built in day, and because it wasn't you have divine permission to be un-organized ocassionally, it's alright.
There is time to get caught up, there is time reacquaint, and certainly if it is needed, room for all of your desires, but first and foremost remember, that time starts with one, and that one is YOU.

This post is dedicated to Joel Ison and Jennifer Wagner.
You can read their blog posts by clicking on their names above...

If you have the opportunity, rent "Ferris Buehler's Day Off," starring Matthew Broderick. It's an absolutlely hilarious movie with many allegories about our life, and how we should deal with it.

ps. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to all...

Support Live music today tomorrow and always, but make sure that you have enough hours in your day.

1 comment:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

happy V's day to you as well. everyone's been busy, but you're right, gotta stop every now and then. thanks. love ya all!