Sunday, February 26, 2006

Don't Postpone Joy

Here are the lyrics to a song that I wrote in 1983...
They mean as much to me today as they did when they arrived in my sleep one night that year.
verse 1:
I've been fighting, just to love you,
tryin' to give you,
This love I have inside which is for you
But you don't want it,
Dodging me, at every turn,
You must think I've got time to burn...so baby,
I'm gonna give you, some very sound advice,
I hope that you'll use it for life...oh baby

chorus:
Don't postpone joy, it's that feeling,
When ecstacy's ray shine the light
Don't postpone joy,cause it can send you reelin'
When you share your love with someone
And you'll find that,
Living is an art and you can master it
With love

verse 2:
I've been watching, angry people,
Who need loving
But they don't understand it takes some work
Cause loving takes feeling,
But it's as free as breathing air,
Be smart and take the time to share...your love
And you'll find that, living is an art and you can master it...with love

chorus:
Don't postpone joy, it's that feeling,
When ecstacy's ray shine a light
Don't postpone joy,cause it can send you reeling
When you share your love with someone
And you'll find that living is an art and you can master it with love.

(composed and arranged by Charlie Tee,
Copyright 1983, on file, Library of Congress.)


One of these days, I'll get around to teaching it to my band and playing it live.Until then...

Support Live music today tomorrow and always.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie, you're absolutely right. This lesson has been reinforced for me this month by the sudden and unexpected passing of two friends. So people...go out for ice cream before dinner if you want. Paint the living room purple with pink polka-dots if you want. Buy that outrageous outfit that you love but would have no occasion to wear...and then find somewhere to wear it! Even if it means wearing it to take the dog for a walk.

This may be your last day. You don't want to waste it moping, do you?

Save some rocky road for me...

Charlie Tee said...

April, I can't believe that you've finally communicated...it's good to hear from you, and I'm sorry for your loss.Talk to you soon,keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Told ya I was reading...didn't believe me? ;-)

Jen said...

Charlie,
I wanna HEAR THIS SONG!!!!!