Friday, March 24, 2006

Shout Out 3-24-06

This week the Shout Out award goes to my best friend on the face of the Earth. Charisse Campbell.
If you're reading my blog, and enjoying it or hating it, either way the person that is in part respnsible for me telling my story is Charisse.
I had known her since the 7th grade, and I have no idea why she chose me as her buddy, but she did and my life is better for it.
Did you ever have someone that no matter what they stuck by you.Through thick or thin, good times, the hardest of times Charisse was my biggest and best cheerleader. Every situation with girlfriends, with hurts, disappointments, she made her presence in my life felt.
We never were inclined toward each other, but I loved her like no one else.The only person who shares this many facets of my life, is the woman that I'm married to, but when Charisse was alive she knew pretty much everything about me...A to Z.
One of the worst years of my life came in 1997, when my Mother died. Charisse and Vickie got me through it.
Vickie gave me strength, and Charisse gave me humor, 2 valuable gifts.
The next year, while I was away at a gig,Charisse died of a heart attack, and I don't know who cried more, me or Vickie. I truly don't know if I've ever gotten over losing her.
Right now though, I feel her closeness to me because I followed her advice (for once) and started writing about my life in music...and it's because of her.
Charisse would have been 53 today, and her life still matters to me, so I want to say that I miss you more than you'll ever know, but thank you for looking out for me still, from Heaven.
I will always love you...

No comments: